This goes out especially to Brynna Leigh Bateman Giles. Bryn Bateman, Kel Agan here, please pull up a chair, grab a Diet Coke and turn on The Weather Channel (hereinafter referred to as "TWC" - yes, I worked at law firms too long).
This morning I saw our five day forecast during local on the 8s for zip code 28734. I had not had coffee yet and I am hoping I was hallucinating. If I am not mistaken I saw the following numbers:
Monday - high of 35; Tuesday - high of 35; Wednesday - high of 35; Thursday - high of 35.
As a former graphics person for Home Shopping Network I hope you will alleviate my panic by telling me how easy it is to make a teleprompter typing error, and that certainly this is what happened at TWC this morning. Mixed in with those sweltering highs, although I tried to block it out, I saw LOW numbers like 19, 12 and 6. SIX Brynna.
Folks, I am sure Brynna remembers when we used to make jokes in England about it being "TWO OUTSIDE", and then it actually WAS two and we thought that was hilarious. However, the TWO we were making fun of was CENTIGRADE, and I know now that's not even COLD. I am not looking forward to six.
The problem is this: about 4 or 5 days ago, it was 60 degrees in the late afternoon, and by the next morning it was NINETEEN. That is unacceptable, there was no time to prepare mentally for this, as we have had an amazing fall with temps in the 60s - and even some 70s. Now the bottom has dropped out and I'm unprepared. It's like coming up too fast from a dive trip, now I've got The Bends.
The one positive point on this rather bleak weather horizon is the fact that they are calling for snow (which usually means we'll get exactly squat - but all the counties around us will get it). SHOULD it happen to actually snow today or tomorrow I will be journeying to see the fine folks at LOWES who will sell me my very own green plastic Saucer Sled, so I can be like Clark in our backyard, sitting at the top of the hill and saying: "And now, going for a new amateur-recreational saucer-sled land-speed record, Kellie N. Denny the First! Remember, don't try this at home kids, I AM a professional!"
KND
Hysterical!!!! :)
ReplyDelete