Saturday, December 18, 2010

TP on the Christmas Tree - wrong?

Not in all of my thirty nine years have I seen someone "TP" a Christmas tree.  I guess it took James and me getting together and creating people for that to come to pass. 

The other night I was at work.  You must understand the best stories are starting to come from those evenings I am working for 3 or 4 hours while James is here with the girls, because other than when Dad was sick, this is the first time James has had DADDY time with the girls without Mama home.  So Ashlee and Holly are pulling out all the stops.  I came home around 9 pm, the girls were in bed, all was quiet.  I sat down on the couch with James and it took me a few minutes to notice the two foot long strand of toilet paper hanging in the tree about three feet up.  When I inquired about same, James told the story of Holly coming out of the bathroom stark naked (as usual) with a long piece of TP hanging from her backside and dragging the ground saying "Daddy! Look at my tail! I have a tail!"  This was infinitely amusing to her, then she decided it would look better on the tree, removed it from her hind end and hung it right in the front of the tree in the middle for all to admire.  James said "at least I took off the 'business end'" which made me laugh until I cried because no one else would think to say that and that is why we're married.

KND

2 comments: