Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Introductory Post

TESTING ONE TWO..... is this thing on?

My lifelong (or so it seems!) friend Jeri has inspired me to document some of the goings-on taking place in our home, simply because life is short and in only 9 months Ashlee will be starting school and the world will change, leaving me home with one child instead of two.  Which will significantly lessen the comedy, while increasing the academic learning potential for Holly.

I am assuming that as I get used to this blogging thing, I will create a lovely home page where people not in the know may learn about our family.  Or maybe I won't.  Know what I mean?

I will now put out the warning: this and all communication from me will be loaded with obscure movie references that only James and I will get, and that may be annoying for some.  "SORRY....!" (in a Jack Black sort of way).

I want to submit this and see what this thing is supposed to look like, so I'll just convey some comedy from yesterday.  During one of Holly's revered "pee-pee on the potty" experiences, she tore off a quarter-inch wide strip of toilet paper and was waving it around talking to it.  Over the next hour or so I kept finding it in really odd places and finally I said "Holly what is this piece of TP?"  Holly said "it's Poopy the Worm, Mom!" like DUH  how did you NOT know that Mom.......  she explained it was her pet and it was "having adventures".  Of course Holly was also calling herself Terrence yesterday and Ashlee was being Ron.  Ron & Terrence, whatever works.  Sounds like a drag show.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Clown Town...Hey Baby...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Well, since I get to take them BOTH to the doctor for only the second time ever (guess we can't complain babe!) I'm sure I will have at least one story when I get back. This should be a HOOT.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! And faast, too. You are so right...it does seem like a lifetime. I can't remember a time when I didn't love you! Can't wait to get to "know" the girls through your blog! Count me as a subscriber. I would have been the first, but James had insider information!
    jeri
    www.mothering4.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri, you MUST tell your mother that we are PASSING THE NOTEBOOK again! :) x

    ReplyDelete