Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update - Week One Kindergarten

Well! I meant to do this Saturday but our computer is acting up, so I'm sure there is comedy I have now forgotten.  Let me just say that Ashlee did wonderfully in her first week of school, I did not do as well.... But at least I'm starting to get over the shock of not being able to find out what she's doing every second of the day! She is having a blast,  practicing letters, doing art and P.E. every day, taking her lunch to school etc.  She acts like she's been doing this for years, and is starting to appreciate "the weekend"! It's the best elementary school around here and driving her is worth it.  Holly took a while to realize it's just us during the day, but she's running with it now :)  Finally more than five minutes of independent play at a time!  She is currently wearing an insane fairy dress and putting all the stuffed animals "to bed" on her bedroom floor under a giant blanket.  It's funny in the afternoons when Ashlee is back home it takes the girls about 20 minutes to be "back to Green Flag Racing!!" then it's ON, and it gets loud again :)

Chocolate the horse will be going home soon, as Ashlee is now in school and Holly is too little to ride her.  Hopefully we will be able to get her back next year when the girls are bigger... she has helped clean up the apples... until I realized she is eating all the GOOD ONES!!  Hello, horse, those are MINE!  Put them in a pile or something for me, dang!  I've pulled a muscle in my back so picking up the good ones will have to wait... she is having a feast right now before heading back to the big farm (not in a "buying the farm" kind of way). 

See how quiet it is?  Definitely more comedy with both kids here....will get some video of Holly's constant singing... so peaceful, it will take me a while to get used to it!  Our Fairy Godmother has procured us a new camera (love you !! x) so we will have more photos to share soon. 
KND

No comments:

Post a Comment