Thursday, June 2, 2011

OKAY I've been slack........

Apparently I am not just slack with photos, but with WRITING as well :)
As for the photos, I finally have an excuse - our digital camera took a, well, a turn for the worse so to speak and it appears to be DEED (you have to say it with a Scottish accent.  And yes, it is a SCOTTISH accent not a SCOTCH accent.  Just as ORIENTALS are rugs or food and ASIANS are people...... in this case a SCOTCH accent would be someone with whiskey breath.  Katie this lexicographical distinction was for you.  And hounddog is still not a compound word lol)

I can't believe it's been over two months since England and I haven't written any more about it...... time flies.  Next week we start swim and gym, where Ashlee will do gymnastics and Holly will take her first swimming lessons.  That lasts for ten weeks, at the end of which I will be taking ASHLEE TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY, at least for the first year.  For those of you in "them there big ceeeties" - sound it out - here the school buses have both the small kids and the big kids, and I'm just not sure about that.  Hence the taxi service.  And lets get back to the point.......... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH, boo hoo, waaaah, yay, whoo hoo, whew, boo hoo again.  As you can see I'm not sure how do deal with the idea that these next two months are IT, that's it, the last time the girls will both be home with me all day.  Sad for the end of an era,  REALLY happy for Ashlee she is going to have such a blast.  Happy for Holly, she gets her time by herself.........
It's the End of the World As We Know It....... and (I think) I Feel ..... Fine!!

KND

PS - England rocks and we're going again in two years.  I want to write more about it when I can, with particular reference to comedy and the Pub List.  Note to self.

 PPS - I just peeked outside to check on the girls and Holly is naked in the middle of the sidewalk - apparently her bathing suit "had dirt on it" and she thinks naked is better.  She's yelling at Ashlee "don't dump out Wormy-Worm's pool, OK?  Wormy is my friend!"  To my horror, Holly is a huge fan of worms.  She likes to bring them to me so "they can kiss you mom!"  Those of you who know me know........ yeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment