Nothing like Flu B AND pneumonia to make for a horrid week. The whole family had the pleasure of the Flu B but only I was blessed with pneumonia also (thankfully..... I hope the girls NEVER get this). Started Tuesday afternoon but didn't really hit until Thursday morning. The next three days were a blur of me lying in bed not breathing.
The highlight of all this was ... I think Friday night? During the lull between supper and bed, the girls usually have their bath then play for a while. James took charge of game time and was in their room with them with the door closed. All I could hear was cackling and after a while James came into our bedroom, got two socks out of his drawer and tied them together across his head to make a pirate hat-slash-eye patch (insert me saying "babe, we actually have a pirate hat. It's in the trunk left over from Gasparilla" to which he replied "we don't have an eye patch do we?" and I said..... and this is so awesome..... "No but Mom does!" :) Obviously the highlight of her eye surgery as far as the kids are concerned).
Anyway after fabricating the hat/patch, he returned to their room where the bunk beds had been turned into a pirate ship complete with cannons (the hobby horses a.k.a. horse-heads on sticks which I think are very Godfather-esque). He busts into the room and announces "the Ship will now depart for Mount Wannahockaloogie!" So I'm in bed trying not to soil myself and having a four alarm asthma attack. Of course while they're doing this James has the Pirate Voice on. Which is making everything funnier because the girls are trying to imitate it.
At one point James was the bad guy and the girls were the good guys, they would attack and he would pretend to die and they would dance around shouting "whoooo! Wheeee! hoorah!!" At one point Ashlee was trying to shoot the cannon/horse head and was flailing around and all of a sudden she goes: "Ouch! I hit me head with me cannon!" hahahahaaaaaaaa........... and a very good Scottish brogue she has! Must be genetic from 70 generations ago.
I am now breathing again and hope to return to work tomorrow or the next day. I wonder if I can serve tables rolling around Fatz on my office chair?
KND
No comments:
Post a Comment